By Roger Turvey
Give your scholars the easiest probability of good fortune with this attempted and demonstrated sequence, combining in-depth research, attractive narrative and accessibility. entry to heritage is the most well-liked, relied on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level background students.
- helps the content material and review standards of the 2015 A-level historical past specifications
- includes authoritative and fascinating content
- comprises thought-provoking key debates that learn the opposing perspectives and techniques of historians
- offers exam-style questions and tips for every proper specification to assist scholars know how to use what they've got learnt
This identify is appropriate for various classes including:
- AQA: The Wars of the Roses, 1450-1489
- Edexcel: Lancastrians, Yorkists and Henry VII, 1399-1509
- OCR: England, 1445-1509: Lancastrians, Yorkists and Henry VII
Read Online or Download Access to History: Lancastrians, Yorkists and the Wars of the Roses, 1399–1509 Second Edition PDF
Best uk history books
John R. Grodzinski’s quantity within the Routledge learn courses to American army reports covers the origins of the struggle of 1812 - the foremost post-revolutionary clash fought among the USA and the British Empire - delivering a normal evaluate of the numerous battles that happened at sea and within the zone of the present-day nice Lakes and U.
During this highly formidable historical past of england, Eric Evans surveys each point of the interval during which the rustic used to be reworked into the world’s first commercial strength. This used to be an period of innovative switch unprecedented in Britain, but one within which transformation used to be completed with no political revolution.
The English Civil battle of 1642-6 used to be some of the most formative classes of British heritage. This booklet, initially released in 1974, was once one of many first to discover intensive the placement of the typical soldier – how he used to be informed, clothed, built , fed and paid; how he amused himself, used to be disciplined and cared for medically.
On 3 successive mornings in February 1652, God spoke to a London tailor by way of the identify of John Reeve. hence he and his cousin Lodowicke Muggleton believed that they have been the final Witnesses prophesied within the publication of Revelation. Over the following six years the pair attracted a small yet committed band of fans that, following the dying of Reeve, grew to become referred to as the Muggletonians.
- Britain Since 1945: The People's Peace
- London Cage: The Secret History of Britain's World War II Interrogation Centre
- Medieval England: Towns, Commerce and Crafts, 1086-1348 (Social and Economic History of England)
- The Home Front: Derbyshire in the First World War (The Great War on the Home Front)
- Autobiography: 'The Rainbow Comes and Goes', 'The Light of Common Day' and 'Trumpets from the Steep'
Extra resources for Access to History: Lancastrians, Yorkists and the Wars of the Roses, 1399–1509 Second Edition
Access to History: Lancastrians, Yorkists and the Wars of the Roses, 1399–1509 Second Edition by Roger Turvey